Deception

Matt Kilgore

I apologize in advance is there is already a thread going on this issue. 

I got my new battery cap for my deception; I'm still getting a "weak battery" display starting around 70% battery life. Any suggestions?

Edited by Matt Kilgore

On 4/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Matt Kilgore said:

I apologize in advance is there is already a thread going on this issue. 

I got my new battery cap for my deception; I'm still getting a "weak battery" display starting around 70% battery life. Any suggestions?

Sounds like it is more of a battery issue. Your batteries might be either old, weak or you might be trying to push more amperage than the batteries are rated for. Jai has covered this in a live.

I would try getting a new battery buy a good brand around 40A and see if it still does it.  

Edited by Michael Goodman

On 4/22/2022 at 4:17 AM, Michael Goodman said:

Sounds like it is more of a battery issue. Your batteries might be either old, weak or you might be trying to push more amperage than the batteries are rated for. Jai has covered this in a live.

I would try getting a new battery buy a good brand around 40A and see if it still does it.  

what he said, it sounds like its a 21700. The weak battery is basically saying that there isnt enough of power to run high power. So more like weak power. If you have a lower build and trying to put more than 4V thru the battery youll get that message too

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks  @Jai @Michael Goodman

I'm running brand new molicell 21700 p42A's or equally new 30T's. I used good new batteries prior to the new cap as well.  To date this  "weak battery" display is like clock work coming on 65-70% battery life left...🤷‍♂️

I run my Jenna rta @.30 and 55 watts 4.0 v

I really just want to use the damn thing lol

Edited by Matt Kilgore

3 hours ago, Matt Kilgore said:

Thanks  @Jai @Michael Goodman

I'm running brand new molicell 21700 p42A's or equally new 30T's. I used good new batteries prior to the new cap as well.  To date this  "weak battery" display is like clock work coming on 65-70% battery life left...🤷‍♂️

I run my Jenna rta @.30 and 55 watts 4.0 v

I really just want to use the damn thing lol

Sorry to say this but did you buy the molicell 21700 p42A's from a reputable site or you may have been sold old stock batteries. 

I am running the exact same brand of battery right now @ 1.24 at 18w pushing 4.576v and I can practically run it all the way down to almost 1% (which don't do this because it will 

destroy the battery) before I will get the "weak battery" message. Before someone says "Hey you are only running at 18w, look at the volts, I am pushing more." 

I bet if you turned down the wattage to 40 or so watts that "weak battery" sign won't show up.  

Like Jai mentioned and I agree on is why do people build so low and have to stress out your battery so bad running such high watts. But that's you and you do you.

I bet if you go to Jai's site and buy Jai's fused clapton's put them in your rda or rta and put it on your deception your "weak battery" will be gone and if it by chance 

still comes on at the same % I'm sorry but  it is undoubtedly it is your batteries 10,000% positive it is. Jai uses his same build in everything and I have bought his fused clapton's 

before and they are awesome. 

While I appreciate the input, all of the Molicell's p42 and Samsung 30t's I own are less than 3 months old and charged in an external charger (   GYRFALCON ALL-88) I own  many devices and have had zero issues with any of them.   I replace my batteries often and buy them from IMR batteries and 18650 battery store. Keep in mind the "weak battery" display has been an issue since it came out of the box. 

There is no reason this mod shouldn't be able to run a single fused Clapton .30 @ 55 watts 

Edited by Matt Kilgore

I've also tried several different Rda's and rta's with different builds and still get the same result

Ran the same build .30 down to 45 watts 3.6 volts with 60% battery life.  "Weak battery" 

Edited by Matt Kilgore

On 4/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, Matt Kilgore said:

got my new battery cap for my deception; I'm still getting a "weak battery" display starting around 70% battery life. Any suggestions?

There’s nothing wrong with the mod, so don’t stress. It’s a problem various hazers had and there’s an easy fix for it.

You need to plug it into the computer and run escribe (International version) and update the firmware.
Just plug it in, click connect and  then click “tools” on the top of the page and then click “apply service pack” and then click disconnect when it’s done loading it.

the weak battery message will go away immediately. 
I helped a couple hazers this last week with the same issue. The problem disappeared right after.
It happens because the DNA100c was new when put into the deception and they have the old firmware on it. 

If you need help or need a link to the most recent escribe version send me a message on here or discord, ideally  in the discord.  

Edited by COSMIC CHARLIE
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, COSMIC CHARLIE said:

There’s nothing wrong with the mod, so don’t stress. It’s a problem various hazers had and there’s an easy fix for it.

You need to plug it into the computer and run escribe (International version) and update the firmware.
Just plug it in, click connect and  then click “tools” on the top of the page and then click “apply service pack” and then click disconnect when it’s done loading it.

the weak battery message will go away immediately. 
I helped a couple hazers this last week with the same issue. The problem disappeared right after.
It happens because the DNA100c was new when put into the deception and they have the old firmware on it. 

If you need help or need a link to the most recent escribe version send me a message on here or discord, ideally  in the discord.  

@COSMIC CHARLIE thank you for this. I truly appreciate it!

11 hours ago, Matt Kilgore said:

thank you for this. I truly appreciate it!

No problem. I can pretty much assure you that the issue will resolve itself after putting the most recent service pack on the deception. Let me know if you have any trouble . 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.